Monday, May 12, 2014

Here comes Peter Cotton Tail

So, I realize it's May and Easter was in April, but I found myself slacking on the blog once Noah hit one year, and now I'm trying to catch up. Currently Casey is deep in his online class so now's a good a time as any. Easter this year was soo very different than last year. I mean we did little gifts for Noah last year too, but this year we actually got some facial expressions and verbal response this year. Our morning started out with the jelly bean hunt that leads to the baskets. This is a tradition from my family and one that I love and wanted to continue, but instead of jelly beans we did trix because lets face it 8 teeth can only crush so much. We also put things like cheerios and goldfish in Noah's eggs as opposed to jelly beans and chocolate eggs. I actually may continue doing this as he gets older to hopefully prevent him from being such a candy holic like his mother. :) Noah's basket was so much fun to make this year and fairly cheap too. Most of his gifts came from the dollar section of target. I will admit when it comes to toys boys are easy to shop for and have TONS of options, clothes not so much. Guess that's the trade off since girl toys are blah to me but the clothes are super adorable. Once Noah discovered his basket it was all down hill from there. He loves to pull things out and just sit and examine them and how they work. It's such a fun thing to watch, you can almost see the little wheels turning. As per our usual we were late for church, but we made it and it was such a joy to be able to sit through an entire service and not have to rush off to work. I just love our church and am looking forward to watching Noah grow and come to love the Lord in this church. Home was a whirlwind of lunch a mini egg hunt and of course our annual pictures before I had to run off to work. I will say that even though little boy clothes aren't nearly as fun as girl clothes they do make some cute stuff, and Casey really enjoys dressing like his mini me. Please note the bow tie and vest in the below pictures as example a-Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment