Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's day is one of those days that growing up I never really understood. Now as a mother of just one I'm starting to grasp just why we should celebrate moms not just one day but every day. Being a mom is hard, so very very hard. I never realized all the things my mom probably gave up to be a mom to me and my brother until I became a mom. Now, I realize this sounds like I hate being a mom, but I don't I love being a mom because what I lost in being just Katie married to Casey I gained so much more in being Noah's mom. Everyone says there mom is the best, but here's what I know my mom was the best mom for me. As much as I sometimes wanted someone's else's mom to be mine, I wouldn't trade her now for anything. She was and still is the best mom for me. I don't think anyone else's mom would have done. So, do I think my mom is the all star of every mom out there probably not but she's my all star and right now that all that matters. And she's Noah's all star, somedays more so than I am, but I'm ok with that. I've learned in Noah's short 15 months that grandmother's have a certain status in their grandchildren's lives and I've come to realize it's a good thing. That status and love probably takes away all the little nicks and cracks we put in our momma's hearts growing up. I know I've broken my mom's heart a time or two and I'm sure noah will break my heart as well someday, I only hope and pray that I handle it with the grace and dignity my mom always presented to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment