Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My first Mother's Day!!

Ok so can you tell my son is taking a nap?  Lol therefore I'm playing catch up instead of folding clothes and switching out the laundry.  As I said previously Noah turned 3 months the day before Mother's Day which in and of itself was an amazing first Mother's Day gift.  Mother's Day itself was pretty amazing too, I didn't sleep in or have breakfast in bed, there was no trip to the spa, or dinner out, or a day where I have to do nothing for anyone.  Unfortunately those things will have to wait for future Mother's Day, being a breast feeding mom requires I stick pretty close to the bug.  However, that being said my first Mother's Day was amazing, for the simple fact that I am a mother, and no one will be as good at being Noah's mother as I will.  Our Sunday started with church and the baby dedication such a special time.  Growing up Presbyterian it's a different watching how things are done in a baptist church, like as a Presbyterian Noah would have been sprinkled as a baby and then dedicated his life to God whenever he was ready but there would have been no pomp and circumstance.  As a baptist there was a baby dedication and both parents and congregation made promises to grow these children up in The Lord, but Noah will not be officially baptized until he makes a commitment to Christ as a child or teenager.  It was such a special moment standing up there with all the other families including five families from our life group and pledging to help our children know Christ.  Noah even had a special outfit made by my mom.  It was a little sailor suit, and I must say he was quite spectacular in it.  After church we spent the day with family and playing one of my all time favorite games as a child dark tower!! Such great memories that game holds for me,  mom, dad and I made all the noises with the game while Casey looked on in either awe or wonderment at the crazy family he married into not sure which.  So my first Mother's Day was filled with memories both new and old, lots of pictures and lots of love. A mom couldn't ask for anything else.



No comments:

Post a Comment