Sunday, May 26, 2013

Boat days and summer breezes

My sone smells like sunshine today.  I've decided I love the smell of sunshine on my baby.  With the weather getting warmer comes one of mine and Casey's favorite things boat days!! My parents bought a house boat few years back and Casey and I love to take advantage of a good boat day such as today.  We don't get them very often working weekends so we've decided to take full advantage of my maternity leave and squeeze in as many as possible.  Plus, we want the bug to become a boat/water bug.  Today was his second trip out on the boat, but we're gonna call it his first real boat ride cause he mainly slept through the other one.  This one he was more awake for, and much more playful.  He had squiggle time on the top deck in a lounger, helped the cap'n drive the boat, had squiggle time below deck, and even took a good nap on said lounger!! All in all it was a wonderful day, full of sunshine breezes, laughter and family.  A better day couldn't have been had and I feel very blessed to be able to do this, and have a child who will be able to do this long after me. On a totally different note we have have found the answer to the screaming in the cars eat dilemma.  It was very hard for me to go places because I hate listening to my son scream bloody murder, it's just not my happy place.  So, this most recent time traveling to dalton I had covered him with a blanket because it was chilly that morning.  We always start our travels asleep, but invariably we wake up usually before we even make to the interstate.  So, as usual he woke up, but lo and behold we made it to dalton without a single scream.  How you ask, the blanket!! He just played with it the whole ride, chewed on it, threw it around with his feet it was amazing!! Well I can't cover him with a blanket all summer, enter the taggie blanket!! An amazing invention.  My mom made him one and he just grabs it and chews it and just smiles and drools as we drive down the road.  He also like music with a good beat and the redcoat band playing glory, glory Dixieland, he loves the trombone solo.





No comments:

Post a Comment