Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!!

So today is Casey's first Father's Day!  It's hard to believe the geeky boy I fell in love with and married is now the father to our little bug.  I can imagine a lot of things in this life, but Casey being the dad that he is was something I never imagined.  I always knew he would be a good dad, but it was more in the I'm the fun dad way ya know?  I never imagined that he would be the loving caring father that he's become.  He's generous and thoughtful and truly delights in his son.  He lives to make his son smile or give his silent chuckle.  He works tirelessly at finding ways to calm our son down when he's pitching a fit, or when he's trying to get our son to take a bottle.  It amazes me the patience he shows to our son, patience I honestly didn't know he had.  He's so far surpassed what I had thought our little family would be like when we became parents, I feel over whelmed at times.  Especially considering that at times Casey did not have the best father figure.  I love the man my husband has become as a father and can't wait to watch him continue to grow as a father, husband, and leader of our home.  Happy first Father's Day Casey!! Noah and I couldn't do it without you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment