Friday, May 13, 2011

Yea for me!!

Ok so first off I am finally the proud owner of an IPad!!! So exciting, I was using my husbands old laptop which was like older than dirt in computer years. It had to think really hard about booting up and then it had to think really, really, really hard about whether or not it wanted to log on to the internet. Then once there it just sat there like "whew" that was a lot of work and then it usually froze. So, needless to say I am soo excited about the fact that I have something that just zooms happily along. Only sad thing I can't seem to write the blog from it yet. I'm working on it though doing some research see what other people say. But for now, back to playing catch in the world of the Stokes. December was my favorite month by far, mainly because they whole month is all Christmasy and comfy cozy. Plus, my husband goes hog wild with the Christmas lights outside which means I get to have a blast inside. I think our house is at it's most prettiest when Christmas time comes around. This Christmas was special though, and for anyone who lives in the state of Georgia you know why. It actually snowed on Christmas Day!!!! Now for some this is not a big deal for me it was one of those dream come true moments. Casey grew in Georgia so for him snow is just this crazy white stuff that fall from the sky and shuts the city down for days at a time. I on the other hand am an Air Force brat and grew up all over the place, one of those places being Denver CO, where snow is that white stuff that allows the children to have hours of fun without the parent having to do anything other than watch and laugh and make hot chocolate. So growing up I was told that it couldn't be a white Christmas unless it snowed on Christmas Day, and I have be waiting for that day for at least twenty years. Moving to Georgia people tried to convince me that I should just be excited when there was snow on Christmas Day, but my little girl dream refused to die and so I waited hopeful that one day it would snow on Christmas day. And on Christmas 2010 that little girl dream came true, it snowed on Christmas day, little soft white fluffy flakes that got stuck in your hair and eyelashes and made you remember all those days of sleds, and snowballs, and ice tunnels. It was the best Christmas ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment