Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Happy birthday!!!

BSo this post is over a month late, but being a mom of two is hard!!! Even with Casey around I feel like I'm always being pulled by one boy or another, but that's a story for another day.  September 12 I was officially 34 weeks and all day long I waited for someone to come and tell me it was finally my turn in L&D. Around nine pm my nurse put me on the monitor to see how Eli was doing and that's when Casey and I started to notice a trend in my contractions, they had started coming at regular intervals of every ten minutes.  The nurse was unimpressed however Casey and I were very excited because that meant my body was progressing on its own!!! Finally at around 1030ish I got a bed!! It was time to get the show started.  We moved over to L&D and I was put on the monitor and given my first dose of cytotech.  I rested as much as I could through the night, but it was somewhat difficult as the cytotech worked its magic and put my body into more active labor.  By morning I was starving, but since no one had known when I would get a bed there was no food. Luckily my nurse was amazing and found me a breakfast tray along with dose number two of cytotech. After that is when labor got sort of rough for me.  I would never recommend to anyone to be induced labor is rough enough as it is.  With my first it was all back labor and major hip pain as my son dropped and my hips widened.  With Eli I felt the contractions everywhere!! I had back labor, front labor, and as I call it vaginal labor.  I told my body it needed to pick one , and ultimately chose to have an epidural.  However since I hadn't been on fluids they had to super hydrate me before they could give me an epidural. Once that was in place life was much better. Noah came to visit along with my mom and dad and towards the end of their visit is when I started to feel a lot of pressure in the nether regions, but not wanting to frighten my son waited until they left. However, my nurse came in rather quickly and was like umm honey you feeling any pressure?? And I said yes that I was about to call her, so she checked me and was like yep we're having a baby!!! And made the quickest stream of phone calls ever! All of a sudden a flurry of people rushed in ready to take care of Eli should he need it.  And with very little pushing Eli arrived!! All five pounds thirteen ounces and eighteen inches of him! Soon after we brought Noah in to see him and my favorite part of the whole day happened when Noah said "momma he came out!" Why yes son yes he did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment