Tuesday, September 16, 2014

We made it!!

Today starts the first day of our mini vacation to the beach!! And let me tell you after the day we've had there were a couple of times I thought we just weren't gonna make it. Our morning started out great, the bug slept till like 8:30, we had most of our stuff packed and ready to go, and I had my travel outfit out. Should have known because I felt so well organized that something would go wrong. It started with us forgetting the beach house keys and ended with us driving through torrential downpours while I faced backwards in the seat in an attempt to keep my son from screaming and further stressing out my husband. Then we had to stop and get gas with thirty minutes left in our already severely delayed trip. Also, we had to do a diaper change with no changing station. Which meant casey held up noah in mid air while I quickly stripped him and wiped the pertinent parts and threw the diaper back on somewhat straight. Then he pooped and all diapers in the diaper bag were gone which meant I had to contort my fat arms in ways it shouldn't bend to retrieve diapers out of the suitcase, which was of course at the bottom of the mountain of stuff we have to pack now because we have a kid.  So eight hours later we made it to the beach!



No comments:

Post a Comment