Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Father's Day

So I know this post is extremely overdue, but I've been pondering what to write for a while and I'm still not sure.  I thought about leaving a Facebook post for my husband on Father's Day letting him know how amazing he was, but it felt awkward and forced mainly because everyone was doing it. Part of me wondered are you wanting to write something to be like everyone else or do you truly want to say something about the father your husband is? So, needless to say I waited and waited and waited.  But now at 11 something at night in July I've decided to write about the father my husband is, isn't and will someday be.  My husband is not my dad nor is he his own dad though I think he and my dad share more commonalities.  He is his own father figure, something I'm extremely proud of him for being mainly because I know how hard it's got to be.  My husband knew exactly the kind of dad he wasn't going to be, exactly the kind of husband he was t going to be as well.  So how when you know what you don't want to be do you figure out what you do?? Casey never seems to look to other men for guidance on how to be a father to our Noah, he just is.  He seems to have his own ideas which sometime don't mesh with mine but then again who said they had to right??  But he loves his son and that little boy adores him, I think there's a reason little ones say dada before mama.  Because those dads are their little hearts their little role models.  Noah walks around the house saying dada when Casey's not at home.  His newest thing is when I get him out of bed in the morning I get a quick snuggle then Noah wants down.  He'll play in his room for a while but eventually he toddles his way into our room and immediately wants up on our bed where his daddy is. The way his face lights up when he sees his daddy and proceeds to fall face first onto his chest for a hug just reiterates how well God chose the father for my son.  When Casey isn't home Noah sits on the bed looking forlorn and whimpering waiting for his daddy.  He then proceeds to hit the pillow like they're hiding his daddy somewhere! It's quite humorous.  So to my husband the father of our son.  You are the best person to raise this little bug of ours.  You may have felt lost and useless in the beginning but this little boy loves you completely, and his mommas pretty fond of you too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment